[Missing text '/kiv/contactinfo' for 'English']
- Mon - Tus
- 13:00 - 14:00
- 13:00 - 14:00
You can always make contact with us via 1177.se
- 8:00 - 18:30
- Tus - Thu
- 8:00 - 16:30
- 8:00 - 15:00
Book an appointment direct
Sexualmedicinskt centrum (SMC) is a specialized clinic where we work with problems regarding to sexual health. At the clinic we have a team consisting of a gynecologist, a general practitioner, a nurse, midwives, psycologists, physiotherapists and a medical secratary. Patients must be age 23 or older.
What kind of helpcan SMC offer?
Here are some examples of what we can help you with:
- Pain related to sex
- Erectile dysfunction
- Different types of problems regarding to orgasm
- Premature/prolonged ejaculation
- Diminished sexual desire
- Hypersexuality, for example large consumption of porn, sexchatting, compulsive masturbation or sexual contacts
- Dimished sexualfunction due to injury or illness
- Distress over sexuality or (unwanted) sexual attraction
- STI-testing without symptoms (if you have symptoms you need to see your vårdcentral)
- Vaccination against hepatitis B is offered for men who have sex with men and transgendered individuals who have sex with men.
You can get help from us with a self referral or through a referral from another health care provider. With some conditions, like pain, premature ejaculation, erectile-, orgasm- and desire dysfunctions it is important to exclude potential underlying medical problems. If those cases you need to go to your vårdcentral for a first assessment. Sexualdysfunctions can sometimes be due to mental health issues like depression, anxiety or trauma. If you have those types of problems you may need to seek treakment for the mental health issues first.
Information for referrers
Information for practitioners who refer patients to the Centre for Sexual Medicine.
The Närhälsan Sexualmedicinskt centrum (Centre for Sexual Medicine, SMC) is a unit that works on an interprofessional basis with sexual issues from both a medical and psychological perspective. Our catchment area is the Västra Götaland Region. Certain patients with sexual problems should in the first instance be examined at a primary health care centre, others at a psychiatric clinic or gynaecology outpatient clinic.
In your referral to us, we require information about:
• Patient’s contact details
• Possible interpreting requirements and the language(s) in question
• The specific problem
• The issue at hand
• Your expectations of the CSM with regard to treatment of the patient
• The patient’s expectations of the CSM
• Previous counselling
• Previous medical treatment
• Current medication
• Previous trauma episodes
• Possible chronic disease
• Possible psychiatric diagnosis
• Possible examination of the patient to determine if their problem could be somatic and, if so, details of the procedure.
The online appointment system works in the same way as the normal appointment system, the difference being that you do not need to go to the clinic to meet us and instead everything takes place via a video call to your mobile phone, computer or tablet.
When can I have an online appointment?
When you are booked for an online appointment you will recieve a text message with a link. For further information, contact Sexualmedicinskt centrum via 1177 or call 031-346 06 80.
You will need
1. To download Mitt Vårdmöte on a iOS or Android unit (mobile phone or tablet)
2. A mobile phone number
3. A mobile BankID
4. A good connection (WiFi or cellular to ensure the best sound/image quality during the meeting)
You can use the form below when you need to send a referral to the SMC but do not have access to 1177.
Sex and relationships
Certain maternity clinics in Gothenburg are specialised in helping with sex and relationship issues.
Vaccination against hepatitis B
Vaccination, free of charge, for men and transgender individuals who have sex with men.